Message from the President
The European Association of Erasmus Coordinators was founded in 2004 with an official kick off during the ERACON 2005 (Erasmus Coordinators Conference 2005).
The aims of the Association are to:
- enable an information and experience exchange among the European LLP-Erasmus Programme Coordinators,
- promote mobility of students and academic and administrative staff in the territory of the European Union,
- circulate provisions on the Bologna Process and its update in academic circles,
- promote principles and participation in the LLP European Commission Programme,
- support the process of raising education standards and quality in the territory of the European Union,
- organise seminars and conferences, with an assumption of enabling direct communication among the Association’s members and be a catalyst for increased mobility throughout Europe, as well as defining new areas of the Association’s activity,
- prepare project proposals to be funded by the European Commission,
- cooperate as a partner in European projects,
- produce publication of interest to the members.
During the first General Assembly in Cyprus in June 2005 it was decided that the ERACON Conference becomes an annual event.
Dr. Gregory Makrides