Message from the President
The European Association of Erasmus Coordinators (EAEC) was founded in 2004 in Lodz, Poland, with an official kick off during the ERACON 2005 (Erasmus Coordinators Conference and GO-Exchange Education Fair 2005) in Cyprus.
The aims of the Association are to:
1. Enable an information and experience among the European Erasmus Programme Coordinators and beyond,
2. Promote mobility of students, academic and administrative staff in the territory of the European Union and beyond,
3. Circulate provisions on the Bologna Process and its updates in academic circles,
4. Promote principles and participation in the Erasmus + European Commission Programme,
5. Support the process of raising education and quality standards in the territory of the European Union and beyond,
6. Organise seminars and conferences, with an assumption of enabling direct communication among the Association's members and be a catalyst for increased monility throughout Europe and beyond, as well as defining new areas of the Association's activity,
7. Prepare and submit project proposals to be funded by the European Commission,
8. Cooperate as a partner in European funded projects,
9. Run surveys and studies on topics relating to the above,
10. Produce publications of interest to the members.
During the first General Assembly in Cyprus, June 2005, it was decided that the Erasmus Coordinators Conference and GO-Exchange Education Fair (ERACON) become an annual event. Since 2010, it was decided to be named Erasmus Congress and Exhibition.
Dr Gregory Makrides